The Villages has five(5) Computer & Associated Technology Clubs that help people help themselves with Computers, iPad, iPhones,Tablets, Phones, E-Readers, Connection to TV, etc.
The Computer Technology Clubs are:
1. Computer (VCC)
2. Computers Plus (VCP)
3. iPad, iPhones (VIP)
4. Connected Villager (CVC)
5. Hands-on-Tech (HOT)
When do these clubs meet?
1. VCC 1st & 5th Friday @1:00pm at La Hacienda Recreation Center, 2nd & 4th Friday @1:00pm at Lake Miona Recreation Center and 3rd Friday @1:00pm at Rohan Recreation Center
2. VCP 1st and 3rd Thursday @1:00pm at Laurel Manor Recreation Center
3. VIP 1st Tuesday @1:30pm at Colony Cottage Recreation Center
4. Connected Villager Club Every Monday @1:00pm at Eisenhower Regional Recreation Center
5. Hands-on-Tech Every Thursday @6:30pm at Rohan Recreation Center
What should you expect when attending one of these clubs?
The VCC focuses on established Microsoft Windows Operating systems and associated software and hardware. Each meeting has a presentation which is approximately 1 hour in length and highlights the features and benefits of using various Windows products.
The VCP focuses on expanded Microsoft Windows Operating systems and associated software and hardware presentations where the attendees will benefit from digging deeper into certain subjects. The presentations are approximately 2 hours long and the time is spent in a more focused approach.
The VIP group offers presentations and program information including features and benefits in detail on iPads, iPhones and iTouches. Presentations are given by Village residents, special guests, and experts in systems, and technology. The meeting is approximately 1½ hours in length.
The Connected Villager Club focuses on television, phone, data, internet, tablets, and entertainment, as well as home automation and any other technologies impacting our residents.
The Hands-on-Tech club’s goal is to enable people to make things using technology. This is hands-on. That is, you will be designing and making your own tech projects. The technologies we will use include 3D printing, alternative computers (Arduino, raspberry Pi, etc), robotics, and drones. As our club progresses we will add other technologies as members desire.